What a total BUMMER! On Monday, June 22, at approximately 9:00am, hackers infiltrated the servers at our hosting company. In doing so, they took down a fair number of sites and redirected the traffic to ANOTHER site in the British Virgin Islands. (When you type in levelonetraining.com [or whatever other sites are currently affected,] you’ll be sent to some random site in the Caribbean.) As a result, THAT site has been knocked offline because of all the traffic going to it. Why they picked that site is anyone’s guess.
Out of an abundance of caution, please DO NOT visit levelonetraining.com or levelonetrainingandfitness.com until we have been given the all clear. To date, we are not aware of any data on our site being compromised; it appears this was a malicious attempt to thwart a security procedure for nuisance purposes. Regardless, it should be noted that:
- we do not store any financial information on our site
- financial transactions are sent off-site directly to and handled by PayPal which has superior security protocols in place
- all personal information and records stored on our site have been anonymized by way of special identification numbers
- all online training (which is currently in beta testing) data is stored off-site at Trainerize which has superior security protocols in place
We have not been provided with an ETA for full restoration of services, only that technicians are working to resolve the issues as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we have already made plans to move our site to a different service provider with more robust security processes and procedures to minimize the possibility of another service disruption. Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to move the site to another provider to try to bring it back online as it is locked up in the current repair process.
What this means for and how it affects our clients and Afterburn students:
- Clients testing our online training services can still access and continue to work on their programs via the iOS or Android app which is independent of our website.
- Clients with website accounts will be unable to check-in, log information, or check progress for the time being
- Afterburn Saturday students will receive a text message tomorrow inquiring as to whether they will attend class. Afterburn Weekday students are unaffected by this outage
- Customers wishing to purchase training or Afterburn punchcards may do so in-person via PayPal or Square, cash, check, or Venmo account
- The start of the 90 Day Summer Fitness Challenge MAY be delayed, but our hope is that our site will be back up and online prior to July 1
For the most up-to-date information, please monitor our Facebook or Twitter accounts or feel free to contact us directly via text, phone, or email. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this is causing and we appreciate your continued support and loyalty.
Cheers to your health,